Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Daily Behavior Plan


So often I put students on a behavior plan too late!  I always wonder why I didn't begin sooner.  It really helps those students that need constant reinforcements.  This plan has been so versatile- kindergarten through fifth for me.  Some years they work toward earning smiley faces.
I first go over the goals with the student and parents.  I choose 2-4 goals.  If a student violates a goal, I write it on the appropriate line.  My activity times are not exact, but I want to see if there's a pattern.
I do not carry this plan around.  I do not run over to my desk every twenty minutes.  I mark the number violated when it happens.  Then I'll go back to put in stars.  I keep it on my desk, and the student is welcome to look at it throughout the day.
It's important to keep increasing the goal.  Once they are filling it with stars, they get to go FREE from the plan.
I do not reward them.  This is positive in nature, but it is more severe than the average student sitting nicely, ready to learn.
Trust me- this works!  Most students don't realize how often they need to be redirected.  With a child's natural aim to succeed, he wishes to meet those goals. =)
Click here for the Google Docs plan:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j6ojPKICRMpzjonv0lOG1UaZ4G5XJlMSipdzc9lwJyI/edit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim