Friday, May 29, 2015

Practical Breakfast

If you like to sleep in yet still eat a good breakfast, here's your post!!  I LOVE baked oatmeal.  Honestly, I've been eating it for a couple of years now-- every day!!  My favorite is blueberry, but Lynn's Kitchen Adventures has 15 baked oatmeal recipes.  They are super-easy to make and last me eight days.

Here's the blueberry baked oatmeal recipe:

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl:
3 c. quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 t baking powder
3/4 t salt

2 T melted butter (I add this to the dry ingredients.)

Mix wet ingredients in a small bowl:
2 eggs
1 c. milk
3/4 c yogurt (I use vanilla Greek.)
2 t vanilla

Add to dry ingredients.  Stir.  Add 1 c blueberries.  Stir.  Pour into large, greased casserole dish.  Bake 25-30 mins.

I buy the frozen blueberries.  You don't need to thaw, and you don't have to worry about smooshing them in the mixing process.


Now I go so far as to even cut the casserole into 8 slices. =)  So, in the morning, I just take out my square.  I microwave for 1 min. (I have a micro-microwave.)  I add a little half-n-half and stick back in microwave for about 20 seconds.  Yummm!!!

Lynn has many other variations if you'd like to experiment.  I got hooked on the peanut butter oatmeal for a while, especially when I added 1/2 c of chocolate chips! =)

I hope this idea can speed your mornings up!


1 comment:

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim