Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Make Ahead Meals

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin's Teacher Week.

A fellow teacher friend did something CRAZY.  She told me that she made a monthly menu.  I toyed with the idea for a couple of weeks before I took the plunge.  It only took me 2 hours to set the meals and my shopping list.  I'm starting this week, so I don't know how it will go.  But I'm hoping it saves me time.  I just made a little chart in PPT and went through my favorite recipes.
Then I created 4 weeks of shopping lists.  These would be items that I'd have to check if I have.  I didn't include any spices on here b/c I keep those filled.
Let me tell you about my cooking desires.  I so WANT to cook.  I can follow any recipe and usually make it work.  I'm just exhausted when I come home.  I absolutely love summers b/c I have time and energy to cook.  As a matter of fact, I set a goal a couple of years ago.  I owned 20 cookbooks but never used them.  So I picked up my favorite and decided to cook every recipe.  There's no time limit, so I don't feel pressure.  I've been writing notes as I go along.  It's been really fun.


But I guess this post is not supposed to be about my plan, it's my recipe, right?  I LOVE this recipe, and it makes great leftovers for school lunches.  I got it in a free magazine from Kroger.

Quinoa Stir-Fry
10+ oz. frozen mixed vegs.
1/2 lb cooked chicken
1 egg
1 c. cooked quinoa
Mrs. Dash
1/4 c olive oil
2 T olive oil
1 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
soy sauce

Heat 1/4 c olive oil in skillet.  Add vegs and stir fry until tender.  Scrape vegs to side.  Add 2 T oil- scramble egg in it.  Stir cooked egg with vegs, quinoa, chicken, seasoning.  Add soy sauce generously all over.  Stir.  Serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim