Thursday, August 7, 2014

TOYS Before Tools

Well, today was our 3rd day of school.  I am loving adoring my new class!  I have some serious sweeties this year!!
No matter the age Math Tools must be toys first.  Even when I taught 5th, I let them play.  For 2 days my kiddos rotated through 4 tables, playing for about 8 mins. with each.

Rulers/Measuring Tapes:

Pattern Blocks

Game Supplies

Base Ten Blocks

 Clocks

Dominoes

More Game Supplies

Rekenreks and Number Balances

After both days we discussed how these toys will now be TOOLS and how we might use them in math.  This was a fun (yet loud) 2 math days for my newbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim