Monday, September 29, 2014

Conference Time!!

We had conferences last week!  I know it's early, but it's a great time to make sure everyone is on the same page.  My agenda:
1.  Go over our county's Reading/Writing Communication Reports.
2.  Go over current grade averages.
3.  Review how students use our portal.
4.  Explore our writing folders.

I run my conferences a little differently:  I ask that the student comes.  I say, "This is YOUR conference, and we need to discuss your progress."  I love that the parents nod their heads as I'm discussing our expectations.  I have the student discuss with parents their writing set-up (our schedule and folders).

Last year I used Sign Up Genius to have parents create their own schedule.  This year my school used PTC Fast.  Both are very user-friendly!

Any suggestions for future conferences??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim