Friday, November 7, 2014

Native American Projects

In Georgia Social Studies, we learn about the Cherokee and Creek tribes.  As a culminating project, we made artifacts to display.  Our school is inviting the parents to learn about various topics on Monday.
About a week ago, I sent home a variety of ideas.  I wanted them to brainstorm with their parents and gather any supplies they may need (boxes, empty toilet paper rolls, aluminum foil, string, etc.)  I pulled out buttons, modeling clay, googly eyes, paint, paper, popsicle sticks.  Since the Creek and Cherokee used nature in every part of their lives, my students also sought out grass, mud, and sticks.










Some final project pictures to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim