Saturday, February 21, 2015

Literature Circles for the Little Ones

Having several literature circles going at once when I taught 5th grade was so fun!  In second, I run one literature circle during a guided reading time.  I start out very slowly.  I assign a chapter or two, and we all have the same job.  Then when we meet again, we review their assignment and brainstorm how to improve on our work.  There are so many jobs to choose from.  My favorites are:  Discussion Director, Amazing Artist, Word Wizard, Creative Connector, Super Summarizer.

I created a packet for you to use in your room.  It's for sale in my TPT store.  All you need to do is print and start working with your kiddos!  You can buy it here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim