Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day!!!

I do so love holidays!  All week we read and wrote about friendship and being kind to others.  Some of my favorite books are

 

After reading Love, Splat, we had to make First Grade Parade's Splat.  These always turn out so cute!!!

About two weeks before Valentine's Day, I sent home a letter that my students would need to do a book report.  I had to approve the book (to make sure it was on their correct levels).  In addition to the written piece, they needed to decorate a Valentine box to represent their book.  This idea and printables were all found in One Extra Degree's TPT store.  On Friday morning we sat in a circle and listened to everyone explain his box.
 A Geronimo Stilton book


 My Weird School

I can't remember the book, but I thought this one was very creative.  The slit is in the dog's back, and he can lift the whole top off. =)

I always need to incorporate a treat of some sort.  This was a lovebug cookie.



While students rotated over to the snack table, the rest of them were making a card for someone special.


And to finish off our holiday, we always end the day with
 
As part of my Valentines, I made them bookmarks.  They sure can't seem to have enough of those!
Here's a link of bookmarks for you!  I just deleted my name.  Print, sign your name, and laminate!
Val Bookmark Freebie

I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day, friends! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. It looks like your kiddos had a ton of FUN this Valentine's Day! I love the examples you shared from my Valentine's Day Box Book Reports! That dog is super creative and fun! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim