Saturday, January 30, 2016

Winter!!

I'm embarrassed; it's been so long since I blogged!  I even took plenty of Christmas pictures for a post or two.  Sadly, I was neglectful.
So, with winter here, I only leave you with a few pictures!  I will do better in the future.

For MLK Day, we spent the week beforehand discussing this great man.  We discovered our skin colors.  Even as a child, I didn't like the terms "white/black."  My mom says I always said "brown/peach."  That week we came up with even more terms!  Sienna, mahogany, apricot to name a few. =)  I found a sweet wreath on Pinterest to mimic:
I had them trace their own hands.  I really like Kindergarten displays to look like 5yr olds made the art! =)

Here are 2 winter items that would be easy to recreate.  These little, bundled up friends are made from mitten patterns.  My K friends think they are oh so cute.

In the hallway, we made penguins using paper plates.

We've also done lots of learning about winter- I just didn't photograph those. =)  One of my favorite ideas was introducing research.  I made a chart.
1. read/learn
2. write/draw
3.  tell others
That's my Kindergarten version of research.  We looked at photographs, read articles online, and read books/magazines.  They took notes on their learning.  When we were finished, they made penguin hats and wrote one thing they learned on a sentence strip headband.  That was their way of sharing their learning.

Happy Winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim