Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Health Week

It's not our curriculum, per se, but I like to include our bodies in our reading nonfiction.  We did a couple of activities I thought were cute enough to share. =)

I traced them with chalk beforehand.  Then I had pictures of each body part on separate pictures of the body.  They were- mostly- able to get them in the right spot.  The heart was a little confusing.  I don't think they understand the concept of humans being 3-dimensional objects. =)

Then I lined the halls with them.  Warning:  sometimes these can alarm you in your peripheral vision.

We also learned about the importance of taking care of our teeth.  Honestly, I don't care what age I'm teaching; I always teach food choice lessons.  It's important for them to realize what they're putting into their bodies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please check your profile setting!! I'd love to reply to your comment via email. In account settings, make sure a check is next to your email address. Thanks for stopping by! ~kim